Now that you’ve recovered from all of the cooking and eating and drinking that comes with the Christmas holiday it’s time to gear up for more eating and drinking to help ring in the New Year! Whether you’re throwing or just attending a New Year’s Eve or New Years Day party, it’s time to put together some menu items that have that special something-something about them but don’t scream “Christmas.” Here are some ideas from some clever bloggers to get you started on putting together some New Year’s goodies to bring in 2016.
1. Julia’s Spicy Chocolate Popcorn makes for a perfect (almost) midnight snack as everyone is gearing up for the big countdown!
2. Taylor’s Open Faced Naan Samosa Bites are substantial but still snacky — making them a great addition to an all-night party.
3. Who doesn’t love a baked potato? Brittany’s Two-Bite Baked Potatoes are super cute and vegan-friendly to boot!
4. Kids and non-drinkers want a little bit of bubbly for their New Year’s toasts too. Megan’s Pomegranate Lime Spritzer is both nice and fizzy and family-friendly.
5. Vegetables taste better when there’s bacon involved. Julia’s Bacon Avocado Tomato Skewers strike the balance between bacony and healthy.
6. Chinese New Year is still a ways off, but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy Mary’s Homemade Chinese Pork Belly now.
7. Ashley’s tasty Mini Mexican Wonton Quiches work well as an appetizer at a nighttime party or as part of a New Year’s Day Brunch.
8. More bacon! Plus some seafood, which is a New Year’s classic. Indulge in Stacey’s Bacon Wrapped Crab Stuffed Mushrooms.
9. Vegans crave classic cheese balls over the holidays too, so make up one of Samantha’s Cranberry and Thyme Vegan Cheese Balls for your non-dairy friends.
10. And finally, make sure you whip up something sweet. Try out Randa’s decadent Chocolate Shot Glasses with Gingerbread Cheesecake Filling.