Tis the season where pumpkin spice and gourds are traded in for peppermint and candy canes. The colder weather inspires us to stay indoors and baking lots of delicious treats seems more appealing than ever. With this in mind our Table Talkers Elizabeth, Heather and Karlynn will be sharing their favourite holiday cookie recipes and they want you to join in the fun! Send us your holiday cookie recipe or cookie decorating idea for your chance to win one of 5 baking gift baskets provided by Robin Hood, which besides being full of pantry essentials to help with your holiday baking; the baskets also include a $50 Safeway gift card!
Participating is easy and there are 2 ways to enter:
- Create pin on Pinterest with your favourite cookie recipe and/or baking decoration idea. Pins must include a photo
- Tag each post with the hashtag #TableTalkContest and @SafewayCanada in the description section.
- Post a link to your pin in the comment section below
- Pins will be judged by the Table Talkers and winners will be contacted by December 17th, 2013
- Send your cookie recipe and/or baking decoration idea with a photo to table.talk@Safeway.com.
- Email entries will be judged by the Table Talk bloggers and winners will be contacted by December 17th, 2013
The most inspiring holiday cookie recipes or baking decorating ideas will be featured on Table Talk and the entrants will win 1 of 5 baking gift basket provided by Robin Hood (valued at $100).
Tips for success:
- Be creative – While we love a gingerbread or sugar cookie think of ways you can make your classic recipe stand out….or surprise us with a completely different type of cookie like Karlynn’s Christmas Peppermint Cookie Sandwiches
- Keep it simple – If the Table Talkers are exhausted at the thought of making your recipe you won’t score any “extra points” so to speak.
- Be festive – Whatever you celebrate in November and December, if there are cookies you can bake and decorate for the occasion we want to see them!
Check out the pinboards from our Table Talkers for ideas!:
The Get Your Holiday Cookie On closes on December 12, 2013. It is open to Canadian residents in the provinces of British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario. Winners will be announced Tuesday December 17, 2013.
See full contest rules and regulations here!