Believe it or not, people love the option of a great salad at a party. No, I am not talking about the iceberg lettuce mix from the large bag with ranch dressing that seems to show up at every office party, I am talking about everything from a good pasta salad to a salad made of vegetables that doesn’t even come close to looking like washed out iceberg lettuce!
Here are some ideas to tuck into your back pocket for when you need them!
- Classic Retro Macaroni Picnic Salad – This was my Grandma’s recipe and it is brought to every occasion where there is a large crowd needing to be fed. This is a tried, tested and true recipe that is always a hit!
- Classic Potato Salad – There is a reason that we stick to the classics, they are sure to please!
- Caesar Salad for a Crowd : Yes, it’s so very 1980’s but this classic is always appreciated – and is usually the first to disappear when you are at a party!
- Three Bean Salad – Another classic that you can’t go wrong with. The best bean salad has a homemade vinaigrette instead of using Italian dressing from the bottle.
- Tomato, Chickpea and Cucumber Salad – Easy and very refreshing, this salad is also very hearty and filling thanks to the chickpeas.
- Taco Salad for a Crowd – There is nothing that I love better than a delicious taco salad – which can also double for a meal!
- Apple Candy Bar Salad – This sweet treat is a delicious salad, even though it seems like an odd combination! Its one of the most popular dessert salads out here!